Friday, November 6, 2009

Two dehydrator experiments in process



To say that I have been lazy today doesn’t even begin to describe my day. I got up this morning and it was 36 degrees outside. Baby it was cold outside! I did not feel like walking to the grocery store, or even walking to the car to drive to the store. Once I was warm and snuggled into my little slippers and workout clothes I wasn’t leaving the house. I hate when I am unproductive like this, but sometimes it happens to all of us. Instead of taking care of errands I headed to the kitchen instead (what a surprise right). I have two experiments in the dehydrator now.

We have been eating a lot of kale chips and I wanted to try another variation. Today I decided to make curried kale chips. I made them exactly like the other chips except I added about a tablespoon of my curry powder in place of the other flavorings. If you like Indian food you should give these a try. I used my homemade curry powder and I think they are quite good. I have sampled a few that were almost finished and I think they are really good, as well as good for you.

Next I decided to try my hand at flaxseed crackers. I made mine with all ground flaxseeds since I have read that whole flaxseeds leave the body the same way they entered. What is the point of eating them that way? I would prefer to have my body absorb the omega 3. The crackers are still in the dehydrator so I don’t know how they will turn out, but I will let you whether it is a success or a bust.

Now it is a little after 7pm and I need to run to the health food store and to the library to return a bunch of books that are due tomorrow.

It will be late tonight before we have dinner but I will try to post the recipe before we turn in. If not tonight, I will post the recipe tomorrow. I guess I should start thinking about what I am going to cook. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to decide what I am going to make for dinner, huh? Today I haven’t been very productive or organized.

5 comments:

  1. We all have our unproductive days; and sometimes I think that a lazy day is the perfect tincture.

    I still mean to try these chips; maybe this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE your homemade curry powder recipe, thank you for the link, Alicia! I always have days like that too especially on my day-off, I don't like it when I'm not productive but I still feel lazy. I hope you know what I mean:)
    p.s. I've so many photos to post but I feel so lazy today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to hear how the flax seed crackers turn out. I am planning on dehydrating some greens and turning into powders- to add to crackers, dips and smoothies- I will let you know how that turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose,

    I agree sometimes a lazy day is the perfect medicine.

    Oraphan,

    I am so glad you like the sound of the curry powder. It is so fast I always makes my own.

    I knew what you meant about unproductive days. Sometimes I need to recharge by lounging but then I feel guilty about it. But it happens to all of us.

    Shenadoah,

    Yay for 68 degrees on Sunday. I felt like a human popsicle when I ran out a little while ago. My feet were so cold in my flats it felt like I should have worn my boots.

    Debra,

    I am very excited about the crackers too. What type of greens are you going to dehydrate (chard and collards, that sort of thing)? Is it your plan to grind the dry greens in your food processor or blender? That is a very interesting idea. Please let me know how it works.

    Thanks for the comments everyone. I enjoyed reading them.

    Alicia
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails