Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Creamy Dill Tofu Vegetable Dip



Fresh cut vegetables and dip is very common at our house. When we are tired of salad, I often make veggies and dip.

Silken tofu is a wonderful base for all types of creamy dips. Once I began making dip with tofu I realized it was the perfect substitute for sour cream. This dip is a much healthier version of a dip I used to make with sour cream. The texture is very close to sour cream due to the inclusion of a little olive oil. While the taste is lighter and cleaner than sour cream I have served this to omnivores and watched it disappear.

Creamy Dill Tofu Vegetable Dip
Serves 6

Ingredients:

12.3 ounces of low fat silken tofu, firm or extra firm
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
½ clove garlic, grated
1 pinch dry mustard (or Dijon mustard to taste)
½ teaspoon agave
¼ cup of fresh dill, finely minced
kosher salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions:

Combine all the ingredients in your food processor and process until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate until needed.

Nutritional Information:

Amount Per Serving
Calories - 42.46
Calories From Fat (57%) - 24.23

Total Fat - 2.73g
Saturated Fat - 0.39g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Sodium - 49.8mg
Potassium - 41.41mg
Total Carbohydrates - 0.85g
Fiber - 0.05g
Sugar - 0.28g
Protein - 3.7g

Comments:

If you like creamy dips, but don’t want the calories and fat, this dip is flavorful alternative. Be careful not to use too much garlic or mustard. Either flavor can take over the dip easily. Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. that would be me adding to much mustard or garlic, i felt like your comments on this were practically meant for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,

    I have added too much mustard and garlic in the past and had to add more tofu which is why I mentioned it. You aren't the only one. We all learn best my making mistakes.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe! Used it for carrots and jicama today -- a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice,

    I am glad you liked it. Thanks so much for letting me know. I really apprecite it.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails