Saturday, May 30, 2009

Chemicals and Additives in Cosmetics and Household Products


(pictured: Gated Entrance to a House in Charleston, South Carolina)

When I started buying organic produce it was natural to also begin cleaning our house with more “green” methods. What didn’t immediately occur to me were things like shampoo, mouthwash and make up. It seems so obvious now that neon blue mouthwash must have added dye, but I didn’t give it much thought initially.

If you are interested in learning more about the potentially harmful additives in the products in your house check out this great website. They have tested many products and have rated them in terms of the potential harm (cancer and otherwise) they can do. I will warn you this website can become addictive. The first time I got into the cosmetic database I lost hours looking up all the products that I had on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails